Public and Patient Involvement Workshop
Whether you are currently involving people regularly in your research activities, or you are an organisation new to involvement, this interactive session will provide an opportunity for you to:
- Discuss how we define involvement in research
- Understand and discuss the variety of ways that patients and the public can be involved in research activities
- Discuss the challenges and barriers to involvement and how to overcome them
- Hear about best practice in the UK, with case study examples from SLG member organizations
- Have the opportunity to plan involvement in one of your own research activities
The session will be delivered by Isabelle Abbey-Vital, the Senior Research Involvement Officer at Parkinson's UK, and a leading member of the Shared Learning Group on Involvement in Research in the UK.
The workshop content has been devised by the SLG and has proven very effective with previous participants. All content has been revised to suit an Irish audience.
Date: Wednesday, March 29th, 2017
Location: O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel, Dublin 2
Duration: 4 hours